Roadkill Preservation - Taxidermy Workshop
Discover the beautiful and strange art of taxidermy...
Learn and utilize professional techniques to preserve a bird from roadkill.
This two day intensive class will cover...
- Investigating specimen viability.
- Preservation techniques including: skinning, fleshing, degreasing, binding bird bodies, cleaning and wiring legs, and preserving feet.
- Washing and grooming feathers, using hidden stitches.
- Pinning and drying techniques tailored to the individual poses of each bird.
You will then use these specimens to create an art display or headpiece.
Poses and reference photos will be provided for use and inspiration.
Students will go home with their creations and instructions for maintaining their pieces.
Two Day Course - Sunday September 3rd & 10th
9am to 5pm with an hour break for lunch.
ARTIST: Teori Shannon from Preserving For The Future
FOR: This class is for adults.
Please send any inquiries about this class to email@example.com
* 3 student minimum per class.
* All materials are included in your booking.
* If you would like to bring your own roadkill specimen please contact Teori.
* It is recommended students bring a small box or bag to transport their finished pieces.
* A signed liability waiver, regarding preservation chemicals, is required for all attendees.
* indicates a required field